Qualtrics Online Surveys
Qualtrics is our user-friendly, free web-based survey software available to University of Kansas faculty, staff and students. It is a sophisticated yet flexible survey service with the functionality to create professional-quality surveys and reports.
UPDATE: Account Migration Scheduled Feb. 18-22
The School of Business and School of Education licenses are scheduled to be migrated into the Enterprse license the week of Feb. 18, 2019. Account holders will be moved in small batches and the downtime will only be a few minutes while the user account is being moved. For this very small window, a user would not be able to access surveys they have created. Data collection will not be affected – all active surveys will remain active and continue to collect responses.
After the migration is complete, these users will share the same permanent login portal as the rest of campus: http://survey.ku.edu. Use your KU Online ID and password to authenticate. As a final step in the migration, any surveys that were shared with your pre-migration account (for Business and Education users) must be re-shared with your new account by the survey owners.
How do I log in?
The following instructions are accurate until the planned migration the week of Feb. 18, 2019 is complete.
Existing account users in the School of Business license:
Existing account users in the School of Education license:
Existing account users in the Enterprise license:
How do I create a new account?
Log in to the Enterprise license with your KU Online ID and password. Select “I don’t have a Qualtrics account” and a new enterprise account will be created for you.
Learn Qualtrics Basics
Guidelines for Use
Use of Qualtrics Online Surveys is limited to University of Kansas staff, faculty, graduate, and undergrad students for academic and research use only.
Users of Qualtrics Online Surveys must follow these guidelines:
- Ensure their surveys are in compliance with applicable accessibility requirements and legislation.
- Survey creators should note that some Qualtrics question types do not meet common accessibility requirements. Qualtrics includes a tool that survey creators can use to check their survey for possible accessibility issues.
- Ensure compliance with Qualtrics terms of service.
- For surveys intended to go to the entire campus or a large subset of students, faculty, or staff, follow the OIRP Survey Review and Approval Process.
- Ensure copyright and other legal compliance; ensure consistency with University policy and guidelines; best practice. All KU surveys must follow guidelines provided in the KU IT Data Classification and Handling Policy:
For KU account-related matters, please email email@example.com.